Re-posting.... Again

Re-posting another project that I have done in the past. It was soooo messy, but definitely a lot of fun. I think I am going to have to try this again! But next time, I need to make sure to take "prettier" pictures of the final product!

         After weeks upon weeks upon weeks of little to NO inspiration, I finally sat down and spent 4 hours on crafts! I don't know if it had something to do with the fact that I had the house completely to myself for the first time in forever or with the fact that I have slipped back into my past obsession and broke down and drank a Red Bull (it was delicious by the way). Either way, I am so excited that I was finally able to create something!!!!
     I worked on 2 different projects. I have to say that Pintrest ( Click here to follow me on Pintrest!!) has definitely become one of my biggest obsessions and sources for inspiration. And with an empty house I was finally able to try out a few new ideas!
Materials needed:
* yarn/twine/string
*Mod Podge or Elmer's Glue (I actaully found that I liked working with the Elmer's Glue more than the Mod Podge- maybe because it reminded me of doing crafts as a child. But both worked just fine)   
*Balloons
*Deep dish (to fill with glue and soak the twine/yarn in)
* glitter (optional)
*Exacto Blade or needle (something sharp and pointy to pop the balloons)


Step 1: Blow up balloons! I blew up different sized balloons so that I would have a variety of sizes to work with.

Step 2:  Fill your bowl with the glue or Mod Podge (if you are using the glitter, add now and mix thoroughly).  As you can see in the picture below, its going to get very messy. So make sure you put down something so you don't get glue on your work surface!
 Step 3: Dip the yarn/twine in the Mod Podge and begin to wrap the yarn/twine around the balloon. Continue to wrap the twine/yarn around the balloon until you have a good majority of the balloon covered.
Step 4: Once you have finished wrapping the balloon in with the yarn/twine, set it down on a flat surface to dry. I let the balloons dry over night (8 hours). This was probably the hardest part for me! I kept checking to see if they had hardened. I am pretty sure they were not quite ready when I deflated the balloons. They would have definitely of held their shape much better if I had waited long enough.
Step 5: Popping time! Take a needle or a Exacto blade and pop the balloons. The balloons will shrink down and pull away from the twine/yarn. And you are left with gorgeous orbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by kristadelisle.com

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com